1. In the fiftieth year, in the seventh month, on the fourteenth day of the month of the life of Enoch. In that parable, I saw how the Heaven of Heavens was shaken violently, and the Host of the Most High and the Angels, a thousand thousands and ten thousand times ten thousand, were extremely disturbed.
2. And then I saw the Head of Days sitting on the throne of his glory and the Angels and righteous were sitting around him.
3. And a great trembling seized me, and fear took hold of me, and my loins collapsed and gave way, and my whole being melted, and I fell upon my face.
4. And the Holy Michael sent another Holy Angel, one of the Holy Angels, and he raised me; and when he raised me my spirit returned, for I had been unable to endure the sight of that host, and the disturbance, and the shaking of Heaven.
5. And the Holy Michael said to me: “What sight has disturbed you like this? Until today has the day of His mercy lasted and He has been merciful and long suffering towards those who dwell upon the dry ground.
(Psalm 86:15), (Psalm 103:8), (Psalm 145:7-9), (Exodus 34:6), (Nehemiah 9:17), (Joel 2:13), (Numbers 14:18), (Nahum 1:3)
6. “And when the day, and the power, and the punishment, and the judgement come, which the Lord of Spirits hath prepared for those who worship not the righteous law, and for those who deny the righteous judgement, and for those who take His name in vain-that day is prepared, for the elect a covenant, but for sinners an inquisition.” (According to the version of R.H. Charles Oxford: The Clarendon Press)
(Job 19:29), (Matthew 23:25), (Romans 1:18), (1 John 5:17)
(Amos 6:12), (Habakkuk 1:4)
(Ben Sira 23:9-10), (Exodus 20:7), (Deuteronomy 5:11), (Psalm 139:20), (Leviticus 19:12)
(Jeremiah 31:31, 33), (Jeremiah 32:40), (Jeremiah 33:20-21), (Ezekiel 37:26), (Psalm 111:5), (Psalm 111:9), (Daniel 9:4), (Isaiah 55:2-3), (Isaiah 59:21), (Isaiah 61:1-3, 8), (Luke 4:18-19), (Matthew 26:28), (Hebrews 9:15), (Hebrews 10:15-17), (Matthew 25:46),
(Isaiah 61:2), (Romans 2:8), (2 Thessalonians 2:12), (Isaiah 10:3), (Jeremiah 15:3), (Jeremiah 23:2), (Ezekiel 30:3), (Hebrews 10:29)
7. And on that day two monsters will be separated from one another, a female monster whose name is Leviathan, to dwell in the depths of the sea, above the springs of the waters.
8. And the name of the male is Behemoth who occupies with his breast an immense desert named Dendayn on the east of the Garden where the chosen and the righteous dwell. Where my great-grandfather was received, who was seventh from Adam, the first man whom the Lord of Spirits made.
9. And I asked that other Angel to show me the power of those monsters, how they were separated on one day, and thrown, one into the depths of the sea and the other on to the dry ground of the desert.
10. And he said to me: “Son of man, you here wish to know what is secret.”
11. And the other Angel spoke to me, the one who went with me and showed me what is secret; what is first and last in Heaven, in the heights, and under the dry ground, in the depths, and at the Ends of Heaven, and at the Foundations of Heaven, and in the Storehouses of the Winds.
12. And how the spirits are distributed, and how they are weighed. And how the springs, and the winds, are counted according to the power of their spirit. And the power of the light of the Moon. And the divisions of the stars according to their names. And how all the divisions are made.
13. And the thunder – according to the places were it falls. And all the divisions that are made in lightning – so that it may flash. And its hosts – how they quickly obey.
14. For the thunder have fixed intervals, which have been given to its sound, for waiting. And the thunder and the lightning are not separate although not the same. Through a spirit the two of them move inseparably.
15. For when the lightning flashes the thunder utters its voice, and the spirit, at the proper time, causes it to rest, and divides equally between them because the storehouse of the times for their occurrence is like that of the sand. And each of them, at the proper time, is held by a rein, and turned
back by the power of the spirit, and likewise driven forward, according to the number of the regions of the Earth.
16. And the spirit of the sea is male and strong, and according to the power of its strength, the spirit turns it back with a rein, and likewise it is driven forward, and scattered amongst all the mountains of the Earth.
17. And the spirit of the hoarfrost is its own Angel; and the spirit of the hail, is a good Angel.
18. And the spirit of the snow has withdrawn because of its power, and it has a special spirit, and that which rises from it is like smoke and its name is frost.
19. And the spirit of the mist is not associated with them in their storehouse but has a special storehouse; for its course is glorious both in light and darkness, and in winter and in summer, and its storehouse is an Angel.
20. The spirit of the dew has its dwelling at the ends of Heaven and is connected with the storehouses of the rain. And its course is in winter and in summer and its clouds. And the clouds of the mist are associated and one gives to the other.
21. And when the spirit of the rain moves from its storehouse the Angels come and open the storehouse and bring it out. And when it is scattered over all the dry ground it joins with all the water that is on the dry ground. And whenever it joins with the water that is on the dry ground.
22. For the waters are for those who dwell upon the dry ground, for they are nourishment for the dry ground, from the Most High who is in Heaven. Therefore there is a fixed measure for the rain and the Angels comprehend it.
23. All these things, I saw towards the Garden of Righteousness.
24. And the Angel of Peace who was with me, said to me: “These two monsters, prepared in accordance with the greatness of the Lord, will feed them that Punishment of the Lord. And children will be killed with their mothers and sons with their fathers.
25. When the punishment of the Lord of Spirits rests upon them it will remain resting so that the punishment of the Lord of Spirits may not come in vain upon these. Afterwards, the judgment will be according to His mercy and His patience.”
(Revelation 5:11) “11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands,”
(Psalm 86:15) “15 But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.”
(Psalm 103:8) “8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.”
(Psalm 145:7-9) “7 They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, And shall sing of Your righteousness.
8 The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy.
9 The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works.”
(Exodus 34:6) “6 And the Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth,”
(Nehemiah 9:17) “17 They refused to obey, And they were not mindful of Your wonders That You did among them. But they hardened their necks, And in their rebellion They appointed a leader To return to their bondage. But You are God, Ready to pardon, Gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, Abundant in kindness, And did not forsake them.”
(Joel 2:13) “13 So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm.”
(Numbers 14:18) “18 ‘The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation.’”
(Nahum 1:3) “3 The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, And will not at all acquit the wicked. The Lord has His way In the whirlwind and in the storm, And the clouds are the dust of His feet.”
"And when the day, and the power, and the punishment, and the judgement come, which the Lord of Spirits hath prepared for those who worship not the righteous law,”
(Job 19:29) “29 Be afraid of the sword for yourselves; For wrath brings the punishment of the sword, That you may know there is a judgment.””
(Matthew 23:25) “25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.”
(Romans 1:18) God’s Wrath on Unrighteousness
“18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,”
(1 John 5:17) “17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.”
…and for those who deny the righteous judgement,…
(Amos 6:12) “12 Do horses run on rocks? Does one plow there with oxen? Yet you have turned justice into gall, And the fruit of righteousness into wormwood,”
(Habakkuk 1:4) “4 Therefore the law is powerless, And justice never goes forth. For the wicked surround the righteous; Therefore perverse judgment proceeds.”
…and for those who take His name in vain…
(Ben Sira 23:9-10) “9 Do not accustom your mouth to oaths, nor habitually utter the name of the Holy One; 10 for as a servant who is constantly under scrutiny will not lack bruises, so also the person who always swears and utters the Name will never be cleansed from sin.”
(Exodus 20:7) “7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.”
(Deuteronomy 5:11) “11 ‘You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.”
(Psalm 139:20) “20 For they speak against You wickedly; Your enemies take Your name in vain.”
(Leviticus 19:12) “12 And you shall not swear by My name falsely, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the Lord.”
…that day is prepared, for the elect a covenant,…
(Jeremiah 31:31, 33) A New Covenant
“31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—
33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.”
(Jeremiah 32:40) “40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.”
(Jeremiah 33:20-21) “20 “Thus says the Lord: ‘If you can break My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night, so that there will not be day and night in their season, 21 then My covenant may also be broken with David My servant, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne, and with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.”
(Ezekiel 37:26) “26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them, and it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; I will establish them and multiply them, and I will set My sanctuary in their midst forevermore.”
(Psalm 111:5) “5 He has given food to those who fear Him; He will ever be mindful of His covenant.”
(Psalm 111:9) “9 He has sent redemption to His people; He has commanded His covenant forever: Holy and awesome is His name.”
(Daniel 9:4) “4 And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments,”
(Isaiah 55:2-3) “2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3 Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you— The sure mercies of David.”
(Isaiah 59:21) “21 “As for Me,” says the Lord, “this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” says the Lord, “from this time and forevermore.””
(Isaiah 61:1-3, 8) The Good News of Salvation
“61 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
8 “For I, the Lord, love justice; I hate robbery for burnt offering; I will direct their work in truth, And will make with them an everlasting covenant.”
(Luke 4:18-19) “18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.””
(Matthew 26:28) “28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”
(Hebrews 9:15) “15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.”
(Hebrews 10:15-17) “15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.””
(Matthew 25:46) “46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.””
…but for sinners an inquisition.
(Isaiah 61:2) “2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn,”
(Romans 2:8) “8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,”
(2 Thessalonians 2:12) “12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”
(Isaiah 10:3) “3 What will you do in the day of punishment, And in the desolation which will come from afar? To whom will you flee for help? And where will you leave your glory?”
(Jeremiah 15:3) “3 “And I will appoint over them four forms of destruction,” says the Lord: “the sword to slay, the dogs to drag, the birds of the heavens and the beasts of the earth to devour and destroy.”
(Jeremiah 23:2) “2 Therefore thus says the Lord God of Israel against the shepherds who feed My people: “You have scattered My flock, driven them away, and not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for the evil of your doings,” says the Lord.”
(Ezekiel 30:3) “3 For the day is near, Even the day of the Lord is near; It will be a day of clouds, the time of the Gentiles.”
(Hebrews 10:29) “29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?”
(Job 3:8) “8 May those curse it who curse the day, Those who are ready to arouse Leviathan.”
(Job 40:15) “15 “Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.”