(R.H. Charles Oxford: The Clarendon Press)
1. And in those days the angel Uriel answered and said to me: ‘ Behold, I have shown thee everything, Enoch, and I have revealed everything to thee that thou shouldst see this sun and this moon, and the leaders of the stars of the heaven and all those who turn them, their tasks and times and departures.
2. And in the days of the sinners the years shall be shortened, And their seed shall be tardy on their lands and fields, And all things on the earth shall alter, And shall not appear in their time: And the rain shall be kept back And the heaven shall withhold (it).
3. And in those times the fruits of the earth shall be backward, And shall not grow in their time, And the fruits of the trees shall be withheld in their time.
4. And the moon shall alter her order, And not appear at her time.
5. [And in those days the sun shall be seen and he shall journey in the evening on the extremity of the great chariot in the west] And shall shine more brightly than accords with the order of light.
6. And many chiefs of the stars shall transgress the order (prescribed). And these shall alter their orbits and tasks, And not appear at the seasons prescribed to them.
7. And the whole order of the stars shall be concealed from the sinners, And the thoughts of those on the earth shall err concerning them, [And they shall be altered from all their ways], Yea, they shall err and take them to be gods.
(Deuteronomy 17:3), (Wisdom 13:1-3), (Jeremiah 8:2), (Romans 1:25)
8. And evil shall be multiplied upon them, And punishment shall come upon them So as to destroy all.’
(Jonah 2:8), (Micah 5:9)
(Deuteronomy 17:3) “3 who has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, either the sun or moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded,”
(Wisdom 13:1-3) “1 For all people who were ignorant of God were foolish by nature; and they were unable from the good things that are seen to know the one who exists, nor did they recognize the artisan while paying heed to his works; 2 but they supposed that either fire or wind or swift air, or the circle of the stars, or turbulent water, or the luminaries of heaven were the gods that rule the world. 3 If through delight in the beauty of these things people assumed them to be gods, let them know how much better than these is their Lord, for the author of beauty created them.”
(Jeremiah 8:2) “2 They shall spread them before the sun and the moon and all the host of heaven, which they have loved and which they have served and after which they have walked, which they have sought and which they have worshiped. They shall not be gathered nor buried; they shall be like refuse on the face of the earth.”
(Romans 1:25) “25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.”
(Jonah 2:8) “8 “Those who regard worthless idols Forsake their own Mercy.”
(Micah 5:9) “9 Your hand shall be lifted against your adversaries, And all your enemies shall be cut off.”