(R.H. Charles Oxford: The Clarendon Press)
1. And now, my son, I have shown thee everything, and the law of all the stars of the heaven is completed.
2. And he showed me all the laws of these for every day, and for every season of bearing rule, and for every year, and for its going forth, and for the order prescribed to it every month and every week:
3. And the waning of the moon which takes place in the sixth portal: for in this 4 sixth portal her light is accomplished, and after that there is the beginning of the waning:
4. (And the waning) which takes place in the first portal in its season, till one hundred and seventy-seven days are accomplished: reckoned according to weeks, twenty-five (weeks) and two days.
5. She falls behind the sun and the order of the stars exactly five days in the course of one period, and when this place which thou seest has been traversed.
6. Such is the picture and sketch of every luminary which Uriel the archangel, who is their leader, showed unto me.